1. It is the purpose of VFC to obey the commission of Act 1:8 (NIV) "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." We are called of God to be the light of the world. We purpose to allow that light to shine so that the eyes of the lost might be opened to turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God.
2. It is also the purpose of VFC to teach and train disciples according to Ephesians 4:12-13 "For the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fulness of Christ." Every believer is called to do the work of the ministry. We should all be vessels of salvation, deliverance, healing, prosperity, and blessing.
3. VFC is a church where praise and worship is a ministry to the Lord as well as to the people. 1 Peter 2:9 (NIV) "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light."
4. We are a people who "Live To Give" of our time, money, and talents. 2 Corinthians 5:15 (NIV) "And He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf."
5. We are a church with a world vision. Matthew 24:14 (NIV) "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Mark 16:15 (NIV) "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." A major part of our mission as a church is to reach our community. However we must reach out beyond our church and our community so that people can be reached for Christ. Through church outreaches, tent evangelism, and the financial support of other ministries, we spread the Good News in America and abroad.